Hi friends. How are you feeling today? Tired, anxious, a little run down? I’ll be honest here. I am feeling like this should be the “lazy days of summer”, so why are my kids driving me crazy just two weeks into summer break? You too?
I don’t know about you but I could use a little pep-talk, because we were made for more than feeling tired, anxious, and a little run down, right?
- It’s an incredible thing to be a human being. Marvel in this: our eyes alone can detect 10 million color hues and 500 shades of gray. Our eyes are the second most powerful organ. The brain gets top honors. Our eyes develop 36,000 bits of information an hour. Kind of explains why we have such a short attention span, doesn’t it? We were wonderfully and fearfully made. Marvel in that. (Psalm 139:14)
- Every day is a day made by God. And, everyday we wake up with air in our lungs is a reason to rejoice. Breath that in. Take in the splendor that is summer, thank the Lord for this day, good or bad. (Psalm 118:24)
- Because every day is new we can start again, even if yesterday was overwhelming, frustrating, or stressful. Our mistakes of old can be throw off to make room for our new selves. We are made new each and every day. (Ephesians 4:22-24)
- You were made for more. We all are. I am not talking the famous-walk-the-red-carpet-make-millions-kind-of-more. We are here for a reason, and mostly likely it’s not to star in the latest blockbuster hit of the summer. That reason has seasons. Your season may be changing diapers, running your kids around to various activities like a crazy woman, or climbing the corporate ladder. Like the weather, our seasons change. This won’t be your season forever. No matter your season, what you are doing right now is important, and it is preparing your for tomorrow. (Ecclesiastes 3)
[Tweet “We have a purpose for different stages of our life, preparing us for our ultimate purpose.”]
- We were made for God’s purpose. Unless we understand that, life can feel lost. (Colossians 1:16) Your purpose? It begins and ends with Him (Ephesians 1:11-13)
“We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives. It’s time for us to more than just survive. We were made to thrive.” Casting Crowns
Let’s thrive. Today.
**Video: Casting Crowns, Thrive
LINKING UP with Holley Gerth. This woman reads my soul. Today, she is talking about “You don’t have to try so hard”. Check out all the inspirational ladies linking up today. They are uplifting, not dragging others down.