Mother’s Day is this Sunday. I am so blessed to have a mother that is loving, caring, faithful, funny, beautiful, generous. (I love you more, mom!)
I once read that you should pay attention to what makes you cry, that will show you where your heart lies.
What makes me cry? The oppression and mistreatment of women and girls around the world…
Women who have been beaten down all their life that suicide is a choice they make happily, just to stop the pain of being unwanted. (In India, suicide among women is 10 times higher than the world average!)
In India, more than 7,000 women each year are burned to death by their own husband. The wife’s crime? Insufficient dowry.
Gospel for Asia, not only brings the Good News of Jesus Christ to India, but also works to give a desperate mother the ability to educate her child, get a regular medical check-up, have clean clothes, and provide a daily meal and clean water.
Do one small thing at a time:
- Show them about clean hygiene…and disease will cease.
- Teach them a trade…and they will earn money to feed their family.
- Give them clean water…and illnesses with be healed.
- Educate girls and boys…and a generation will be changed forever.
- Teach husbands to love and honor their wives, just as God instructs…and their home will become one that is safe and loving.
- Proclaim the grace and compassion of the God that loves them, no matter the bad choices they have made in the past…and they in turn will share that compassion and love with others.
Plant one seed and watch it grow in faith and compassion.
* * * * *
For Mother’s Day, give the gift of hope.
Veil of Tears Documentary | “This gripping new documentary film tells the untold story of millions of women in India who are culturally oppressed for no other reason than the fact that they are women. However, despite the centuries of oppression, there are those who are reaching out and trying to change the culture towards women, from the inside out.”
GOOD THAT GIVES BACK | Proceeds from this film will be donated to Gospel of Asia’s continued efforts to change lives on a social, educational, health and spiritual level. The DVD is available at Christian stores, such as Mardel, Lifeway, or Christian Book Stores.
Full Disclosure: I am a Gospel for Asia Blogger. I only blog about organizations or products that are truly laid on my heart and that I believe are making this world better in small and big ways. Then, I will have no problem recommending them to my readers. It is my mission to help grow Small Seeds of faith and compassion by sharing stories like these on Have Faith Everyday blog. *Photos courtesy of Gospel for Asia.