I am the mother of a 12-year-old. Lord help me. No, seriously. Help me.
I was just telling hubby the other day how Alexandra hasn’t had a melt-down in awhile. It’s been all Parker, who is 7.
I spoke too soon. As always. When I was 12 did my mood swings make my Mom’s head spin too?
- What is your favorite TV show? Dance Moms and Big Bang Theory
- If you could change your name, what would it be? Michelle (it’s an inside family joke)
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? “Oh…Reading people’s minds! Really!”
- Clowns are funny or scary? Dumb!
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Probably something you (Mom) have made.
- Favorite snack? Hot Cheetos
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Something that makes a lot of money…
- What is your favorite ice cream? Cookie Dough or Cookies and Cream
- Would you rather live in Paris or Hawaii? Hawaii
- Would you rather have a country named after your or money? “That depends. Is it a country people would want to visit?”
- What qualities make a good friend? Honesty and caring
- Do you have a nickname? Alligator
- What would you do if you could be invisible for a day? “I would trick people…I’d find a basketball game somewhere and steal the ball! That would be so cool.”
- What’s your favorite movie? Hunger Games
- Would you rather be a centaur or a mermaid? Centaur
- What animal would you love to have as a pet? A monkey!
- Something random about you at 12: I had a reaction to shrimp when I was two and now I won’t tough the stuff!
***This questionnaire is a fun way to document your child’s life at each stage. It will be fun to look back on when they get older.
She didn’t want a birthday party this year. She just wanted a room makeover. She thinks I will spend more money on her if she doesn’t have a party. Silly, silly girl. She doesn’t know her mother very well.