According to a recent survey, 36% of people said THIS brings them the greatest joy.
Can you guess what THIS is?
What brings people the greatest joy is not a person. Surprisingly, THIS ranked higher than a good night out, a vacation, and even monkey piling!
Give up? Over a third of people say a clean house brings them the greatest joy.
As someone who has two kids, two stinky dogs, and a hubby who doesn’t know where we keep the dust pan, a clean house is a luxury. Although I clean often; it doesn’t stay that way for long.
I do love me a clean house. But, greatest joy?
Since JOY is my one little word for 2013, this question got me thinking…
If I were to list what brings me great joy, and people can’t be on the list, what would it be?
- A day spent in the mountains (this is why I live in Colorado)
- A “good day” free of kids fighting and drama
- A good meal with friends (that I don’t have to cook)
- Craft days (preferably it’s raining too)
- A good cup of coffee (morning cup is best)
- Hubby surprising me with something sweet
- The whole season of autumn
- Acupuncture treatment (it’s my massage and relaxation)
- A clean house (especially if someone else has cleaned it)
Yep, a clean would be on that list, but it’s way down on the list. But, mostly the list is simple, everyday joyful things.
Finding everyday joy can be simple things. Isn’t that what life should be about? Joy. And, if a clean house is what brings you the greatest joy…then by all means, go clean your house!
But if it is something else, shouldn’t you try to do it every day? Or, at the very least one thing on your list.
So, it’s your turn. What’s on your greatest joy list?
*This MindBender question brought to you by the Dom & Jane Morning Radio Show. The MindBinder books make great gifts too. We have have one of the books and, as a family, we sit around and try to answer these mind binding questions. We also listen to the MindBender question every morning on the way to school. The books make great road trip games too!
*I was not paid for this endorsement. I just love these books!