Women Who Inspire | The Mercy House

Today I receive 3 new Christian music CDs in the mail from EMI. I won them from Kristen at  We Are That Family (and The Mercy House). Although winning something is always awesome, I really wanted to introduce you to the double-force behind  The Mercy House.

Kristen, living in America, is mobilizing support for Mercy through her blog and donations. Her partner in Mercy is Maureen, who is working in Africa.

The Mercy House was established as a safe haven for young pregnant girls in Kenya, Africa. The young girls accepted into The Mercy House have no safe place to call home.

The stories are all different. Yet all the same. They are all filled with unbelievable pain: Step-fathers forcing themselves on young, scared girls. Orphaned pregnant girls sleeping on the ground, scrounging for food because they’ve been kicked out of their house. And finding girls too late, suffering from the trauma of self-aborting, injuring themselves, then trying to commit suicide.

God has given us a dream to build a house of mercy in the heart of Africa to help heal and offer hope to pregnant girls.

The Mercy House Shop sells beautifully made jewelry and art made from recycled magazines. The girls at The Mercy House craft these one-of-a-kind creations to sell. 25% of the sale of these items goes into a fund for the girls’ future, the other 75% goes back into The Mercy House to sustain monthly expenses.

The girls are taught living skills for the future, such as sewing, meal preparation, and cleaning. The girls also receive prenatal care including ultrasounds and blood work.

The Mercy House is a testament of God using women to leave this world a better place than they found it.  That is why Kristen and Maureen are Women Who Inspire.

May God richly bless The Mercy House in the years to come.

Comments are closed.

Website Built with WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: